Background & Experience
Wally Harding has been in the mortgage banking business for nearly 50 years. He has extensive knowledge of the commercial real estate lending industry and has built a strong national investor base, as well as a broad range of client relationships. With his knowledge and experience, the Real Estate Finance Group has developed into one of the premier mortgage banking leaders in the Pacific Northwest with a loan servicing portfolio in excess of $2 billion. The company’s investor base is one of the best and most competitive in the country. This strong competitive base enables NBS Financial Services to consistently be one of the top volume lending organizations in the Pacific Northwest.
Before joining the company, Wally was President/CEO of Harding Fletcher Co., one of the largest mortgage banking companies in Oregon, for 14 years. He was responsible for managing the corporate office, three branch offices, and six broker affiliate offices encompassing five Pacific Northwest states.
Wally earned his B.S. degree from Portland State University and holds the professional designation of Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB), which is awarded by the Mortgage Bankers Association of America (MBA).
- National Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) – Long-Range Planning Committee, Legislative Committee, and Commercial Real Estate Finance Council
- Income Property Advisory Committee – Past Chairman
- Board of Governors – Past member
- Oregon Mortgage Bankers Association – Past President and Board Member
- Oregon Mortgage Bankers Association – Legislative Committee
- Metro Commercial Association of Realtors – Member
- Strategic Alliance Mortgage – Co-founder
- Real Estate Broker – State of Oregon
- Commercial Association of Brokers